This page outlines all our Terms and Conditons across the different areas our facility has to offer, please make sure you reas these very carefully and in full.
Admissions policy to the Fitness Suite
- Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted access to the Fitness facilities. Children aged 14-16 years may access the Fitness facilities under supervision of a parent/guardian.16 years+ users can access the Fitness facilities as normal.
- All users for the fitness suite must have received a full induction into the use of the equipment prior to using the facilities. Alternatively, competent individuals can sign a waiver form to allow access. Records of these will be kept on site. No equipment can be used without having had either an induction, or signing a waiver form.
- All users should dress appropriately at all times. Suitable footwear to be worn at all times e.g. trainers. Under no circumstances should you been seen wearing no footwear while using the fitness facilities.
- All users are advised to bring a sweat towel and a water bottle to ensure sufficient fluid is consumed. We do not provide water bottles or plastic cups but please feel free to bring your own.
- Users must wipe down machines after use. Disinfectant wipes will be provided in the fitness suite.
- Users should notify management if they suspect any of the equipment is faulty or damaged.
- Private outside coaching/Personal Training is forbidden.
- Dropping weights is not permitted as our floor is not suitable to withstand such force.
- The fitness suite has its own changing rooms and toilets provided upstairs, including showers.
- In case of an emergency, and the alarm is sounded, please follow directions from staff or follow the emergency exit signs.
- Use of bad language is not acceptable.
- Users are not permitted to sit chatting on machines while waiting as this could prevent other users from access.
- Lockers are provided in the changing rooms, these are free of charge.
- The gym floor is to be kept clear as much as possible, it is a bag free area.
- The Centre holds no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings.
- All lost property will be logged at reception and will be held for two weeks, for hygiene and safety reasons.
Policy and Procedures for the Swimming Pool
- All children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over. This Person may be responsible for up to two children under the age of 8 years.
- Children Under the age of 4 years old must be supervised at all times in the water on a 1 to 1 basis regardless of whether they are able to swim or not by an adult over the age of 18 years old.
- We advise all non/weak swimmers of any age should wear arms bands or suitable buoyancy aids and swim in the shallow end only.
- Please ensure any children over 8 years of age change in the appropriate changing rooms unless help is required from parents, or if the child requires additional specific assistance. If this is the case, we do have a seperate cubicle in each changing rooms, but the parent must be the same gender as the child. We also have the family/disabled room available to use.
- No Outdoor shoes to be worn on poolside. This does include flip flops worn outside.
- No glass or breakable containers on poolside or in the changing area. This does include snorkel goggles made with glass lenses.
- Photography is forbidden in the changing rooms and poolside
- Do not enter the water without a lifeguard on poolside.
- Please use the shower before entering the water.
- While swimming, please be courteous of other swimmers. Lane rage and physical contact will not be tolerated.
- Performance related food and drink only on poolside.
- During swimming lessons children that are not participating in the lessons should be sat with parents/guardian at all times.
- All lost property will be logged at reception and will be held for two weeks, for hygiene and safety reasons.
- If you have experienced sickness or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours you should not enter the pool.
- Please inform the lifeguards if you have a medical condition that may compromise your safety or that of other swimmers before entering the pool.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times..
- Private swimming lessons only by St Alban's Sports Centre swimming instructor
The Lifeguards decision is final.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- Payment must be made within the first 2 weeks of the start of each half term. Emergency cancellations will be treated at the discretion of the swimming co-ordinator.
- Notification of unattended lessons must be made, failure to do so after 3 weeks will result in your child being taken off the lessons, if unpaid.
- The session will have deemed to have started at the pre-arranged session time. Any lost time due to late arrival will not be made up at the end of the session.
- In case of a swimming instructor falling ill, or being unable to instruct the session, the instructor will be replaced by one of the St Alban's Sport's Centre instructors.
- The instructor will provide all equipment needed to conduct the lesson, with the exception of goggles.
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to go in the water to assist the lesson.
- Parents/guardians must remain in the building when their child/children is having a lesson.
- Any children not taking part in the lessons must be sat with their parents/guardian throughout their visit.
- All items of lost property that are handed in, or left at the centre, will be held for no longer than 28 days. Thereafter, they will be donated to charity or disposed of.
- Any items that pose a hygiene or health and safety risk, will be disposed of immediately
- Please contact reception at the centre if you have lost property and they will be able to assist you.
Health and Safety
- Smoking is not permitted on the St Alban’s Sports Centre or Ampleforth College site.
- We recommend you consult your GP before undertaking any physical activity.
- Whilst using the facilities all members are responsible for their own health and members use the facilities at their own risk.
- St Alban's Sports Centre’s liability for loss or damage to property is limited to any damage or loss suffered as a direct result of negligence of the St Alban's Sports Centre.
- No pets are allowed into the facilities with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- Lockers are to be used for legitimate purposes only .
- If there is a fault problem with the lockers, please report immediately to a member of staff.
- The Centre's staff reserve the right to check lockers to resolve safety/security concerns. We will attempt to contact the person concerned, should this occur.
- You must remove all of your items from the locker when you leave the facility.
- Daily locker sweeps will take place to ensure that belongings are not being left, and lockers are not being reserved. If necessary, staff will remove all contents and hold items within lost property.
- St Alban's Sports Centre is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal belongings.
Our opening hours
- St Alban's Sports Centre may from time to time withdraw use of all or any part of the facilities where and when it is deemed necessary for repair, maintenance, alteration, alternative use or for safety reasons.
- Off peak is Monday to Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm, weekends and Bank Holidays (some timetable restrictions may apply), any other time is regarded as “peak.”
- The opening times may be changed from time to time. A minimum of one weeks warning will be provided to customers and will be advertised within the facility as a minimum.
- All opening times are subject to timetables that may affect usage of a specific facility.
- Please be aware that we are a dual-use facility with the college, so there are times where we have part of our facilities restricted or closed due to the college use.
General use of the facilities
- Appropriate clothing must be worn for all activities. Non marking soles must be worn on all activity areas.
- You must only park in the designated parking bays and only cars displaying disabled badges park in the disabled parking bays.
- No liability for loss or damage to cars or property, both are left solely at the owners risk.
- Any photography or video recording is prohibited throughout the full centre, permission from management must be obtained before doing so, which will involve filling in a permission form.
- Set up and breakdown of equipment will and must be done by a member of staff.
- No food or drink to be used in the sports hall unless it's for sporting needs or hydration.
- The centre holds a TV license as well as a music license
- No animals are allowed in the Centre except for guide dogs.
- No illegal gaming and betting shall be allowed in the facilities.
- Smoking is prohibited on site and Ampleforth Abbey grounds.
- Wifi is available at the Centre, Ampleforth IT Department reserves the right to immediately, and without notice, suspend your access to the wifi service, if they suspect that you are transmitting a virus, or unsuitable usage is taking place.
- Must be aged 16 and over, unless accompanied by an adult, then 14+
- Ampleforth College Students are not allowed to participate in the classes, unless they are accompanied by a parent.
- iCycle classes require booking through reception.
- Clients must pay and inform reception what activity they're joining.
- Clients are to arrive on time or just before.
- Clients of all abilities are welcome and dont have to match the highest standard of work rate.
- Bring towels and waterbottles with you.
- Use the lockers provided to keep floor space open for use, especially when classes are busy.
- Hydration is encouraged throughout.
The member consents to St Alban's Sports Centre processing any personal data the member provides as a result of his/her membership. Data will not be sent to any third party.
The manager’s decision is final.
All members must abide by these rules otherwise membership may be withdrawn. St Alban’s Sports Centre reserves the right to change these from time to time in which cases notices will be displayed throughout the Sports Centre building.
- Every member will receive a membership card which must be shown at reception on every visit. Replacement cards may be subject to an administration fee. The membership card remains the property of St Alban's Sports Centre.
- Memberships that are paid in full will not be refunded
- The membership card is not transferable and must only be used by the registered member. Any misuse of the membership card will result in membership being cancelled.
- The membership card entitles the user to the benefits associated with the membership level purchased.
- The membership level can be changed once a year free of charge. More frequent changes are allowed at an additional administration charge.
- The management of St Alban's Sports Centre reserve the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct, which in the view of the management of St Alban's Sports Centre is offensive to customers and/or staff or represents a health and safety risk.
- Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of three months on the production of a valid medical certificate. Other reasons may be considered at the discretion of the management of the St Alban's Sports Centre.