Situated in over 2,000 acres of its own land, in the foothills of the North York Moors, Ampleforth Abbey was founded by Benedictine monks in 1802. It has been home to Ampleforth College, one of the world's most foremost Catholic boarding schools, since 1803. In addition to our educational works, the Ampleforth valley, as it is affectionately known, is also a thriving tourist destination with one of the largest commercial orchards in the North of England, a Visitor Centre telling the history of Ampleforth, the Ampleforth Abbey Tea Room and Abbey Shop. Our site also boasts a full-equipped Sports Centre providing city-standard facilities in the most uplifting setting. We offer a variety of career opportunities and hope you will enjoy learning more about us.
- RoleSports Assistant/LifeguardClosing DateJob typeFlexible/No guaranteed hoursLocationSt Alban Centre, Ampleforth College
- RoleHousekeeping AssistantClosing DateJob typePart timeLocationAmpleforth Abbey & College
- RoleCatering AdministratorClosing DateJob typeFull TimeLocationAmpleforth Abbey & College
- RoleBank School NurseClosing DateJob typeFlexible/No guaranteed hoursLocationAmpleforth College
- RolePlumbing and Heating EngineerClosing DateJob typeFull TimeLocationAmpleforth Abbey & College
- Amy HudsonFood & Events Team Leader
Amy joined the Food and Events Team at Ampleforth in 2017 havig built up 10 years of experience in the Hospitality sector. She is in the role of Team Leader.
- Chris StarkeyTeacher of History & Politics
Chris joined Ampleforth in 2015 after reading History at St Catherine's College, Oxford. Chris is a former vice-president of the Oxford Union Society and worked as a tutor for a leading university admissions consultancy before taking up the role as a History teacher and Assistant Housemaster at the College.
- Dale BurnTrainee Chef
Dale came to Ampleforth in 2012 as a Food and Events team member with an NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality, he is now in the position of Trainee Chef and working towards his NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery.
- Michał KarasińskiHousekeeping Services Manager
Prior to coming to Ampleforth in 2007, Michał was an IT technician working for General Electric. Michał began his career at Ampleforth as General Assistant in the Sport Centre, moving onto a full-time Housekeeping position before becoming Housekeeping Services Manager in 2014.