Scripture is at the centre of everything the Church does. The word of God shapes our prayer and worship. The Bible shows us how to understand the world, how we are called to live and relate to each other.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales has dedicated 2020 as a year of focus on the Bible and ‘The God Who Speaks’.
During the year, we will be celebrating, living and sharing God’s word through a series of monthly Study Days at Ampleforth Abbey, with different speakers helping us to reflect and celebrate God’s Word in a variety of ways.
The day starts at 11:00am with morning coffee and ends at 4.30pm
Study day schedule:
11.00am Arrivals and coffee
1.00pm Little Hour in the Abbey Church
2.00pm Time for reflection
4.00pm Closing Liturgy
4.30pm Tea and departures
Other dates for your diary:
Wednesday 13 May 2020
- The Bible as prayer book: Lectio Divina – The Weave of Manquehue Prayer
Wednesday 10 June 2020
- Celebrating the Bible in Seasons – Fr Chad Boulton OSB
Wednesday 8 July 2020
- The Bible in Music and Art – Fr Cedd Mannion OSB and Stephen Bird
Wednesday 9 September 2020
- The Psalms as the Christian Prayer – Sr Petra, Stanbrook Abbey
Wednesday 14 October 2020
- The Bible and families – speaker tbc
Wednesday 11 November 2020
- ‘Go out and proclaim the Good News’: what do I do next? – Fr Kevin Hayden OSB