Saint Benedict was a person of deep insight who proposed a very wise and carefully balanced set of elements designed to nourish and bring our full humanity alive.
Though this retreat, we would like to offer you an opportunity to experience that for yourself, to live life for a short time according to a different rhythm. To awaken more deeply to the beauty of the world around you and to the voice of the Lord within you. To have fun, discover new friendships and to experience a monastic community at close quarters. To give yourself space and time to listen and to hear Christ speaking to you and inspiring you.
What does it involve?
- Build relationships and spend time with other young people as you take part in a range of activities,
- Share in the life and prayer of the monastic community,
- Complete some simple manual work and exercise, as the community do themselves each day,
- Take part in a session each day given by different members of the community who will offer their insights into pieces of St Benedict's wisdom which might help to enrich your life,
- Participate in shared lectio divina and discussion,
- Walks and trips to places of interest in the local area.
We hope that you will come to the end of the week refreshed and renewed, able to re-engage with fresh energy, enthusiasm and wisdom!
There is no fixed fee. Participants are simply asked to make a donation according to their means.
Enquire today using the form below or call our friendly Hospitality team on 01439 766087.