COVID-19 update 15th September 2020
Let’s stay safe Together
Your safety is of the upmost importance to us. While we are delighted to welcome you back to the St Alban’s Sports Centre, we need to make sure your visit is as safe as possible. We have put new safety and hygiene measures in place in the Swimming pool, Fitness suite and for our Fitness classes, all in line with Covid-19 regulations.
How we are keeping you safe:
- On arrival at the Centre, a hygiene station is available. Please sanitise your hands before entering the building.
- There is a separate entry and exit from the Centre for all users.
- Track and trace will be in place, please be prepared to give your name and a contact number on arrival.
- Only one person to access the stairs at a time, also please giveway to people down the corridor to allow for social distancing to take place
- We will be limiting capacity in the Swimming Pool, Fitness suite and for Fitness classes (Read below)
- We have sanitiser units around the Centre, please use as frequent as needed.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures daily after every session.
- Covid safety signs and social distancing markers will be in place.
- We will constantly review our guidance and make any necessary changes.
Swimming Pool Guidance
Stay safe and swim
- Changing rooms and showers will be limited, please come pool ready and shower pre/post at home. Hair dryers will not be in use
- Please use the social distancing markers in the changing room, if there isnt one available please wait.
- All personal belongings will need to be taken onto poolside and lockers must be used. Lockers take a pound coin.
- Double lanes will be in operation on certain sessions, the directional flow must be adhered to and no overtaking must take place.
- The chlorine disinfectant in the water management system complies with the governments regulations.
- No equipment will be available to use, but some equipment is available to buy.
- No more than 10 swimmers in each double width lane.
- Maximum bather load for all sessions is 30.
- Please be mindful of others.
Fitness Suite Guidance
- Hand sanitiser units and cleaning products are available throughout the gym
- Wipe down the machines and equipment thoroughly before and after use with the cleaning materials provided
- Maximum capacity of 25 people
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in place daily
- A disinfectant mister will be used daily on the gym equipment.
- No spotting unless they are part of the same household.
- Please don't bring your own gym towel
Fitness class Guidance
- A hygiene station will be available at the entrance/exit of the Hall, please sanitise before entering.
- All equipment will be 2m apart.
- No sharing of equipment.
- Capped attendance of 9 for iCycle and 16 for mat classes.
- A booking system will be in place for all classes
- 15-minute gap between classes to ensure cleaning takes place
- Bringing your own fitness mat is advised
Squash courts at this present moment will remain closed and sports hall activities e.g Football
COVID-19 update 22nd July 2020
Great News! Following the latest Goverment announcement on the 9th July, we are delighted to announce that we will be reopening the centre on Monday 10th August and can't wait to welcome you all back.
We will share further infomation on all you need to know the week beginning the 3rd August.
COVID-19 update 20 March 2020
Following the latest Government announcement on measures to reduce transmission, we have closed St Alban’s Sports Centre from Friday 20th March. We are actively monitoring the development of the coronavirus situation and will re-open as soon as we can.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment that our closure may cause. We are truly saddened that we are unable to extend our usual hospitality. You will appreciate that we are taking the current situation very seriously and our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our community and all who visit.
Please see below questions you may have about the closure;
- What happens to my direct debit for my membership?
All direct debits are frozen for all memberships types, the date we reopen will dictate if any adjustments are made to the next direct debit payment. You do not need to contact us, we will arrange this for you.
- I have a membership but paid upfront rather than direct debit?
For any membership that is paid in full including 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month memberships we will extend your expiry date by the number of days we are closed. Therefore you will get the membership length you originally paid for. We will arrange all this for you.
- What happens to my payment that I made for swimming lessons?
For payments that have been made upfront for this block of lessons, the lesson credit unused will be carried over to the lessons when they restart.
- Will my child keep their place for swimming lessons?
Yes all the children currently in our swim school will keep their place, we will be in touch when lessons are due to restart.
- When will the centre reopen and how will I be made aware of this?
Due to the circumstances of the Covid-19 we cannot indicate when we will reopen, however the team are ensuring that all the facilities are ready to reopen at the earliest opportunity, as soon as the government advise we are safe to do so we will let you know. This will be via email, the website and also sharing through social media.
We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all our customers, please make sure you are safe in these uncertain times.