All members must abide by these rules otherwise membership may be withdrawn. St Alban’s Sports Centre reserves the right to change these from time to time in which cases notices will be displayed throughout the Sports Centre building.
1. Every member will receive a membership card which must be shown at reception on every visit. Replacement cards may be subject to an administration fee. The membership card remains the property of St Alban's Sports Centre.
2. The membership card is not transferable and must only be used by the registered member. Any misuse of the membership card will result in membership being cancelled.
3. The membership card entitles the user to the benefits associated with the membership level purchased.
4. The membership level can be changed once a year free of charge. More frequent changes are allowed at an additional administration charge.
5. The management of St Alban's Sports Centre reserve the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct, which in the view of the management of St Alban's Sports Centre is offensive to customers and/or staff or represents a health and safety risk.
6. Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of three months on the production of a valid medical certificate. Other reasons may be considered at the discretion of the management of the St Alban's Sports Centre.
7. All users must have received a full induction into the use of the equipment prior to using the facilities. Alternatively, competent individuals can sign a waiver form to allow access. Records of these will be kept on site. No equipment can be used without having had either an induction, or signing a waiver form.
8. Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted access to the Fitness facilities. Children aged 14-16 years may access the Fitness facilities under supervision of a parent/guardian.16 years+ users can access the Fitness facilities as normal
9. All users should dress appropriately at all times. Suitable footwear to be worn at all times e.g. trainers. Under no circumstances should you been seen wearing no footwear while using the fitness facilities
10. All users are advised to bring a sweat towel and a water bottle to ensure sufficient fluid is consumed and machines are wiped down after use. There is a drinks fountain located in the gym to consume fluids. We do not provide water bottles or plastic cups but please feel free to bring your own.
11.Users must wipe down machines after use. Disinfectant wipes will be provided in the fitness suite.
12. Users should notify management if they suspect any of the equipment is faulty or damaged.
13. Private outside coaching/Personal Training is forbidden.
14. Dropping weights is not permitted as our floor is not suitable obtain such force
15. Changing area is provided on ground floor
16. In case of an emergency and the alarm is sounded please follow directions from staff or follow the emergency exit signs.
17. Use of bad language is not acceptable.
18. Users are not permitted to sit chatting on machines while waiting as this could prevent other users from access
19. Lockers are provided in the gym and down the corridor of the changing rooms. User can use these free of charge. The manager holds no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings
20. All children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over. This Person may be responsible for up to two children under the age of 8 years.
21. Children Under the age of 4 years old must be supervised at all times in the water on a 1 to 1 basis regardless of whether they are able to swim or not by an adult over the age of 18 years old.
22. We advise all non/weak swimmers of any age should wear arms bands or suitable buoyancy aids and swim in the shallow end only.
23. No Outdoor shoes to be worn on poolside. This does include flip flops worn outside.
24. Please ensure any children over 8 years of age change in the appropriate changing rooms and that parent also only enter the correct same sex changing rooms. The family/disabled room is available to use.
25. No glass or breakable containers on poolside or in the changing area. This does include snorkel goggles made with glass lenses.
26. Photography is forbidden in the changing rooms and poolside
27. Do not enter the water without a lifeguard on poolside.
28. Please use the shower before entering the water.
29. While swimming please be courteous of other swimmers.
30. No Food or drink on the poolside, Unless it’s for hydration needs.
31. During swimming lessons children that are not participating in the lessons should be sat with parents/guardian at all times.
32. If you have experienced sickness or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours you should not enter the pool.
33. Please inform the lifeguards if you have a medical condition that may compromise your safety or that of other swimmers before entering the pool.
34. Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times.
35. The lifeguards decision is final
36. All lost property is kept for a period of six weeks before being disposed of.
37. Smoking is not permitted on the St Alban’s Sports Centre or Ampleforth College site.
38. We recommend you consult your GP before undertaking any physical activity.
39. Whilst using the facilities all members are responsible for their own health and members use the facilities at their own risk.
40. St Alban's Sports Centre’s liability for loss or damage to property is limited to any damage or loss suffered as a direct result of negligence of the St Alban's Sports Centre.
41. No pets are allowed into the facilities with the exception of Guide Dogs.
42. Lockers should be used for the storage of personal items at all times. St Alban's Sports Centre is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal belongings. For security reasons and for the benefit of all members, all lockers must be emptied at the end of each session. All lockers will be checked and emptied at the end of each day. Any items found will be disposed of immediately.
43. St Alban's Sports Centre may from time to time withdraw use of all or any part of the facilities where and when it is deemed necessary for repair, maintenance, alteration, alternative use or for safety reasons.
44. Off peak is Monday to Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm, weekends and Bank Holidays (some timetable restrictions may apply), any other time is regarded as “peak.”
45. The opening times may be changed from time to time. A minimum of one weeks warning will be provided to customers and will be advertised within the facility as a minimum.
46. All opening times are subject to timetables that may affect usage of a specific facility.
47. Cars must be parked correctly in the car park paying due attention to priority spaces for disabled users and the safety of the College students. No liability is accepted for loss or damage to cars or property; both are left solely at the owners’ risk.
48. No illegal gaming and betting shall be allowed in the St Alban's Sports Centre facilities
49. Paid in full membership is a one off payment and as such cannot be cancelled once purchased.
50. Direct debit memberships are paid monthly in advance and can be cancelled with one month’s written notice.
51. Membership cards must be returned to the St Alban's Sports Centre when your notice is given.
52. Classes can be booked up to seven days in advance by telephone or in person. Members who fail to attend pre-booked activities will be charged the full casual rate for the activity concerned. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance.
The member consents to St Alban's Sports Centre processing any personal data the member provides as a result of his/her membership. Data will not be sent to any third party.
The manager’s decision is final.