All members must abide by these rules otherwise membership may be withdrawn. St Alban’s Sports Centre reserves the right to change these from time to time in which cases notices will be displayed throughout the Sports Centre building.
1. Every member will receive a membership card which must be shown at reception on every visit. Replacement cards may be subject to an administration fee. The membership card remains the property of St Alban's Sports Centre.
2. The membership card is not transferable and must only be used by the registered member. Any misuse of the membership card will result in membership being cancelled.
3. The membership card entitles the user to the benefits associated with the membership level purchased.
4. The membership level can be changed once a year free of charge. More frequent changes are allowed at an additional administration charge.
5. The management of St Alban's Sports Centre reserve the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct, which in the view of the management of St Alban's Sports Centre is offensive to customers and/or staff or represents a health and safety risk.
6. Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of three months on the production of a valid medical certificate. Other reasons may be considered at the discretion of the management of the St Alban's Sports Centre.
7. Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted access to the fitness gym. Children aged 14-16 years may access the gym under supervision of a parent/guardian.
8. All members must have received a full induction into the use of the equipment prior to using the facilities. Alternatively, competent individuals can sign a waiver form to allow access. Records of these will be kept on site. No equipment can be used without having had either an induction, or signed a waiver form.
9. All users should dress appropriately at all times, which must include shorts/vests/trainers.
10. During busy periods use of the cardiovascular equipment is limited to 10 minutes on any one piece of equipment.
11. Members are advised to bring a sweat towel and a water bottle to ensure sufficient fluid is consumed.
12. Members must wipe down machines after use.
13. Members should notify management in the event they suspect any of the equipment is faulty or damaged.
13. Children under the age of 8 years and non-swimmers must be accompanied in the swimming pool at all times by a competent adult (16 years and over) at a ratio of 1:2 during fun session.
14. Appropriate swimming attire must be worn at all times in the swimming pool area and in communal changing areas.
15. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
16. Please read and observe the notices displayed in the swimming pool area.
17. All swimmers must adhere to the requests of the pool lifeguard.
18. Do not enter the pool area if the lifeguard is not present.
19. Diving is only permitted in the deep end.
20. All lost property is kept for a period of six weeks before being disposed of.
21. Smoking is not permitted on the St Alban’s Sports Centre or Ampleforth College site.
22. We recommend you consult your GP before undertaking any physical activity.
23. Whilst using the facilities all members are responsible for their own health and members use the facilities at their own risk.
24. St Alban's Sports Centre’s liability for loss or damage to property is limited to any damage or loss suffered as a direct result of negligence of the St Alban's Sports Centre.
25. No pets are allowed into the facilities with the exception of Guide Dogs.
26. Lockers should be used for the storage of personal items at all times. St Alban's Sports Centre is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal belongings. For security reasons and for the benefit of all members, all lockers must be emptied at the end of each session. All lockers will be checked and emptied at the end of each day. Any items found will be disposed of immediately.
27. St Alban's Sports Centre may from time to time withdraw use of all or any part of the facilities where and when it is deemed necessary for repair, maintenance, alteration, alternative use or for safety reasons.
28. Off peak is Monday to Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm, weekends and Bank Holidays (some timetable restrictions may apply), any other time is regarded as “peak.”
29. The opening times may be changed from time to time. A minimum of one weeks warning will be provided to customers and will be advertised within the facility as a minimum.
30. All opening times are subject to timetables that may affect usage of a specific facility.
31. Cars must be parked correctly in the car park paying due attention to priority spaces for disabled users and the safety of the College students. No liability is accepted for loss or damage to cars or property; both are left solely at the owners’ risk.
32. No illegal gaming and betting shall be allowed in the St Alban's Sports Centre facilities
34. Paid in full membership is a one off payment and as such cannot be cancelled once purchased.
35. Direct debit memberships are paid monthly in advance and can be cancelled with one month’s written notice.
36. Membership cards must be returned to the St Alban's Sports Centre when your notice is given.
37. Classes can be booked up to seven days in advance by telephone or in person. Members who fail to attend pre-booked activities will be charged the full casual rate for the activity concerned. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance.
The member consents to St Alban's Sports Centre processing any personal data the member provides as a result of his/her membership. Data will not be sent to any third party.
The manager’s decision is final.