St Dunstan’s was founded in 1935 and transferred from the original school buildings to Nevill House in the late 1970s. St Dunstan’s currently houses over 60 boys.

Boarding accommodation is provided in small dormitories of six for the first three years, and then in single study bedrooms for the sixth form.  

Mr Geoff Thurman is the eighth Housemaster of St Dunstan’s.  He studied Physical Education and History at Warwick University before embarking on his teaching career.  After a three years in Wolverhampton, he took up the  post of PE and History teacher at Ampleforth in 1986.  In 1988 he became Gamesmaster for the College until 2014, when he became Co-ordinator of Outreach.  He has coached rugby and cricket at the school throughout this time. He now teaches History. Geoff is married to  Carol who works as administrator in the school infirmary and their three children Ben (O06), Holly (M08) and Dan (O11) all attended Ampleforth.

About St Dunstan

St Dunstan, our patron, was one of the leading figures in the restoration of Benedictine monasticism in England following the Viking invasions, and stimulated the so-called “10th century Renaissance” in academic and artistic achievement in late Anglo-Saxon England. St Dunstan was also the first founder of Westminster Abbey, the abbey from which the monastic community at Ampleforth originates.