The library contributes to the academic life of the college by providing a supportive study environment. During term-time it is open daily for the use of students and teachers.
The library is a quiet place to study. It has a silent Sixth Form area, carrels for independent study, tables where students can work together, and easy chairs for relaxed reading. Plenty of reading material is available; the ample book stock is supplemented by magazine subscriptions and daily newspapers. The ICT facilities in the library are well used. There are workstations, and a wireless network also gives access to the college's computer network for students with laptops. There are printers, a scanner, and a photocopier.
The original college library of 1861 first expanded in the 1920s when the Headmaster, Fr Paul Nevill, commissioned Robert Thompson to furnish the library. In the next decades Thompson worked on further expansions and the library is reputed to be his greatest work. The signature of his work is a carved mouse, for which he became known as 'The Mouseman of Kilburn'. Since his death in 1955, new furniture for the library has continued to be commissioned from Robert Thompson's Craftsmen Ltd.