Entry at 13+ (Year 9)
All boys and girls registered for entry will receive an offer letter from the Headmaster five terms (20 months) before the due entry date. The offer of a place at the College is conditional on one of the following:
- A 50% mark at Common Entrance accompanied by a satisfactory Headteacher’s reference
- School reports indicating that the child can access the Ampleforth curriculum, accompanied by a satisfactory Headteacher’s reference
- An assessment by the College’s coordinator of Special Educational Needs accompanied by a satisfactory Headteacher’s reference
Applicants from overseas for whom English is not their first language will need to have an assessment of their verbal and written English
Entry at 16+ (Year 12) Sixth Form Entry
All boys and girls registered for entry at 16+ will receive a conditional offer letter from the Headmaster after 1 st December prior to entry the following September.
The offer of a place is conditional on
- Five B grades at GCSE or equivalent
- A satisfactory reference from the student's current school.